Sunday, August 9, 2015

An Year Into Blogging

I did a lot of, should I......should I not.......on this post.

And then realized, that this, above all else, has been such a unique experience, that if I didn't, I'd be, so to say, circumventing the pivot.

                            

                                                 Just the nostalgia of the fountain pen ....sigh!!

This last month I've already done two 'An Years',  'An Year in Bangalore' and 'An Year with SELCO', and they've both meant so much in terms of change, risk, fun, learning and such. Good stuff...but in the realm of normal.......great normal, but normal, like.... you know.

But writing.....I think that takes experience to a whole new level. Like if I actually had to stack rank, it would be way up there.  I'm talking here of writing as an expression....be it diary, scribbling, blog, letters and stuff.

If I can talk just of the enormity of impact that writing has enabled, it would be a tribute. So here goes.....

So, what's the big deal, right? You have thoughts, and you put them down, and fiddle around some and voila......it's done

Well, won't deny many write ups are like that, but the one's that are not?

There you'd be amazed. It just doesn't work like that. When you start to put pen to paper ( metaphors come from conditioned space), within a few minutes you'll start to realize you are actually saying different and new things, some nice, wonderful and clear.....some crazy confusing. What's worse they're at times not even consistent, and worst worst....at times actually even contradictory. It's crazy how you end up having to actually start and restart, think through from the beginning......from the middle, from the side.....from different perspectives, and how you'll find yourself reach spaces you've only barely touched, unfamiliar areas, mixed thoughts....

It gradually shifts you from living life in a nebulous, default zone to one that's more conscious, more aware.....you know the why of things.....and what's best, you live in a zone that has the why answered. It doesn't just change the way you think...it changes the way you live, the way you are.

Think of it this way......We all have an inner voice that speaks non stop, all kinds of thoughts, it's almost always on. Lets say this inner voice is like a friend. And with writing, this inner voice becomes this really intelligent and wise and interesting friend. Can you imagine the amount of growth and learning impact when you spend so much time with that level of intelligence? All of us have that potential, we just need to tap in :)

And that's the magic space.....where there's clear conversation within.

Today researchers are studying whether the power of writing — and then rewriting — your personal story can lead to behavioral changes and improve happiness.  

Researchers believe that by writing and then editing our own stories, we can change our perceptions of ourselves and identify obstacles that stand in the way of better life and even health, that it can improve mood disorders, help reduce symptoms among cancer patients, improve a person’s health after a heart attack, reduce doctor visits and  boost memory.

It may sound like self-help nonsense, but research suggests the effects are real.

I fully Agree

It's enabled an inner journey......an awakening so to say, on par with, maybe even more than, Vipassana, or Pranic Healing. A complete shift in energy and knowing consciousness that actually steers life.

It is a level of clarity and awareness, and I guess outlook and attitude that kind of puts you in one sort of invincible space. (retaining bragging rights here). I sometimes could get jealous of myself.....funnily...like thinking, oh my god, this is so good...don't ever forget to be grateful. Oh my god, how does something so brilliant keep getting better? And know what? It actually does :)

So in essence, a real pivot. 

I'd say it's a brilliant tool to get to a space of Thoughts, Feelings and Actions Aligned. My definition of Honesty and Heaven.

3 comments:

  1. “So why do I write, torturing myself to put it down? Because in spite of myself I’ve learned some things. Without the possibility of action, all knowledge comes to one labeled ‘file and forget,’ and I can neither file nor forget. Nor will certain ideas forget me; they keep filing away at my lethargy, my complacency. Why should I be the one to dream this nightmare?” – Ralph Ellison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to read that thrice....and then I concluded it sounds like a nice thing only :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A "person who sees clearly the future" is a Clairvoyant having the ability to run through the mind other than the known human senses or extra-sensory perception. Sai S. Suresh she is a Gifted, natural healerSpiritual Healer in india|Pranic Healing in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete