Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Air Pressure in Tyres

Yesterday I had to get diesel for the car, and I also got the air pressure checked. I guess I was doing the air filling thingy after a long gap, so when I drove out of the bunk, I felt the distinct difference....like the road was cushioned or something, real nice drive, so real nice feeling.

                                

What came to mind is our driver, Prabhakar ji, in Bihar. The six days of the trip he must have filled in air atleast seven times, and I'd be surprised each time, as I do it once or twice a month. It seemed like too many times, or maybe it comes from the pathetically bad roads plus the extensive driving we were doing.  And each time we'd drive out of the gas station he'd be......wah, kya baath hai, kitna acha lag raha hai, naya jaisa.......madam, batao, hai ki nahi? 

It somehow struck me today that he might have been doing something right. He didn't wait for the pressure to go down. He kept it in good place and also acknowledged and appreciated the good place and feel. (he was forever in high spirits, though he had horrible road rage....maybe too much air pressure, you think? ) 

Anyways, there's apparently this theory which talks of how closely connected we are to some of our gadgets and tools; phones, laptops, (or maybe cars ), and how they reflect us..... like our state of mind, our energy levels. For instance, if your phone or laptop is constantly running out of charge, it could be a sign . 

And I can vouch for a level of veracity in this. I have a friend whose phone and laptop are forever running out of charge, at times in the middle of critical presentations and meetings. And you could easily draw a parallel to her own outlook.

Think about it. It could be your car, your phone, your house, and of course you too; look for those signs, it might help you understand yourself better.

It's actually making me wonder; when I was all set for my big road trip, I'm chatting with a friend and he asks 'did you check your tyres?' and I thought he meant air pressure, and I'm like yes. Then he's like, no, I mean the threading, and I had no clue how to read that. So first thing next morning I visit a tyre shop, and what do I find? That the alignment was totally off, tyres were real bad and I had to actually change all the tyres for new.

I didn't ask then, I'm thinking now......do I need some realignment in life....I wonder ??

Yeah, I'm in a full on reading the signs mode :)

2 comments:

  1. Awareness of self for ones own understanding is the quest of many spiritual souls. So looks like you have started a spiritual journey after your "asthma" thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inshallah to that flow of thought..... I think me has lots of journeys to do before I get there :)

    ReplyDelete