Friday, October 27, 2017

This One's For You Ma

The thought, and feeling, came out of a conversation from yesterday.

We, dad mom and me, were returning from a funeral, and I think each of us was caught up in our own emotional space (atleast I know I was), and we were also in the middle of disagreeing on some issue, and in the middle of that, mom interrupts so suddenly to say "smitha, what is TED, I have been wanting to ask you, and I just remembered. I saw a talk on your blog, and she spoke so beautifully....and so fast, and she said this, and she said that, and it was so meaningful, duh, duh, duh.......".

I was finding it hard put to shift out of the emotional space I was in, I don't think I even responded appropriately. It took me till my drive back home, and more fully through my meditation time today to really capture and surface that experience.....appreciate how she was able to set all that (including the disagreement) aside and switch to what mattered at a deeper level.

Ma, what I should have told you then: 

I'm glad you've met TED.....It's this wonderful online platform that puts up these brilliant talks under the banner "Ideas worth spreading" and "Talks to stir your curiosity"..... Talks from people worth listening to, talks on anything and everything. A space that's worth spending your time on, worth visiting even on daily basis, a great alternate or supplement to the newspaper. So glad to see how it's excited you. Welcome into a new and beautiful vista ma.

Here's another you might like:

No comments:

Post a Comment