Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Learning Happens...... Just About Anywhere

Guess we all know that right.....that learning happens anywhere.

But when each time that 'aha' goes off, especially in the most unlikely of places, it's a nice little tingling feeling of joy. 

It's not only a joy, but yet another nudge telling you to keep your mind open even in the most unexpected of spaces.

This time's trigger; the card game I've gotten hooked to.

I've been at it for a while now. And there's a few things through the experience that don't cease to amaze me as they happen.

One .....how change can happen any time through the process. 

I'll start with a deal that looks so good, and it goes great for a while and somewhere I'll just get so stuck, that I wonder how something I thought I already had in the bag was not going to work. Taking for granted is not good.

On the other hand (pun intended :), a deal that looks impossible ( which earlier I used to give up on pretty quick) and now I know it's just about keeping the eyes and ears and mind peeled, and there will be that one single move which can shift it from a losing game to an absolute win. Sometimes it actually takes me to get up and take a walk, and I'll come back and see it. The times I can yelp with joy.

What does that tell you....'that it's not hidden, it's the mind that's not seen it'

To be aware that 'that turn exists' and because your mindset is set to 'losing deal' mode is the only reason you could miss it. Just that awareness. And to know that if you hold the awareness that 'change can happen' there's a high likelihood it's there, and you'll see it.

That one moment of change can make all the difference to life you know !!

2 comments:

  1. To be aware that 'that turn exists' and because your mindset is set to 'losing deal' mode is the only reason you could miss it. Just that awareness. And to know that if you hold the awareness that 'change can happen' there's a high likelihood it's there, and you'll see it. --> dont know how i reached here, but this has truly ignited a smile :).. keep writing... in many many years, one or two lost wayfarers may hit upon this page and return to oblivion with a new hope, a new kind of good smile.. and then all your writings would be redeemed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rajeesh, thanks much.

    You have a wonderful way of saying what you did, it sure brought a nice smile this end as well.
    And I simply loved the 'keep writing...... ' :)

    ReplyDelete