Saturday, October 28, 2017

Motivation is experience of the outcome

By end of this post I'm hoping to better the title, alternatively, you'll just get it by the end :)


This morning, I was looking for excuses to drop out of my walk. Even after being up early....even after I was in my tracks. I could hear the self talk within, one side saying, "you can take one day off, what's the big deal, you can sit and read or write instead", and the other saying "no, you like it, what the hell.....if you take a break you know it's tough to get back in.... it's fun, just go", and so on and so forth.

I went.

I loved every bit of it.  The fragrance of the parijatam as I walked out my gate, saying hi to Gopi and Rita ( the two puppy friends above), the walk itself, the workout, the meditation, the podcast (loved it in fact), the veggie juice, picking up fresh greens on the way back....the gamut of it.

Best part of it; the wonderful feeling of coming back home dripping, no, pouring sweat, and feeling so good about it all....in fact such an exhilarating feeling, that I was like "that's all I need to recall when that little devil of a voice says, take the day off'.

Create a space in the mind to store the wonderful feelings from outcome....you don't need to look further for motivation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment