Thursday, October 12, 2017

Aah....That Sense of Wonder !

Another's sense of wonder and amazement is such a wonderful chance to rekindle your own, and with eyes and ears open, there are stories and more stories out there. Experiences which make each day that bit special.

This was one that happened this morning on flight from Hyderabad to Coimbatore.

As I walked down the aisle, I saw these guys sitting in my seat and taking a picture. Soon as they saw me hesitate, they moved and we settled in. 


They were conversing in a colloquial Tamil I couldn't easily follow, but from tone I could see they were really excited about being on flight.  I offered up my window seat ( didn't come easy, as I still love my window seats, and I'd actually paid extra for it). He just shook his head, with a sweet smile.

As the plane took off, he recorded the whole take off on his phone. I've never seen anyone do that. And then when we hit the clouds, I heard from under a bated breath, an unmistakable 'wowww'. 

That's when I said, "you should sit by the window, it's a different experience, come here". And we changed seats.

Flight done, once we landed, I got chatting ( Didn't want to intrude on their apparently first flight experience during flight)

Me: Flying for the first time?

Lokesh: huh?

Me: Plane....Plane first time ?

Lokesh: Yes, madam. Thank you for give window madam

Me: Happy to have. You are from Coimbatore?

Lokesh: Annur

Me: huh?

Lokesh: Annur madam, you not know.....A.n.n.u.r..... small village, 30 km far Coimbatore

Me: Your names?

Lokesh: Myself Lokesh, he Ramesh.

Me: Hindi aatha hai? telugu?

Lokesh: Illa madam...tamil,  tamil.....no go out annur

Me: You study there?

Lokesh: No study madam, mechanic, me, he mechanic.....borewell mechanic

Me: You came for training to Hyderabad?

Lokesh: Train Jalgaon madam

Me: You went to Jalgaon for training?

Lokesh: No no... training no madam, train.. train, chuk chuk, Jalgaon Hyderabad

Me: oh ok ok....you went by train from Jalgaon to Hyderabad? Then you took plane from Hyderabad to Coimbatore?

Lokesh: Yes, yes madam (with a gleaming smile )

Me: How many days in Jalgaon? Went for work?

Lokesh: Six month madam...work..work

Me: Nice. Coimbatore to Annur you go by bus?

Lokesh: No madam, friends, friends coming...showing photo...thank you, thank you madam

Me: Very nice meeting you both. Can I take a photo?

Lokesh: Window madam?

Me: No, no...you. You two.... photo...I'll take?

Lokesh: Sure madam

And they so sweetly posed for me, and that ended a beautiful little meet up.

Left me with a super nice feeling. Also for seeing how technology was such an enabler and equalizer......just seeing the fancy headphone on Lokesh, and the smartphone used by Ramesh to share their first flight experience with friends and family back home .....in Annur. Lovely !!

No comments:

Post a Comment