Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Lenovo Experience

Towards the end of last month my laptop started throwing up an error, a repetitive error, which needed me to restart each time.  I was beginning to worry......because if we now know the phone is considered an extended mind, in my case my laptop is more so.


I was sitting with this worry, unsure of what to do....which I guess we all do with our body as well right, not go see the doc until it gets bad. Did the same.

Finally it happened. On Dec 31st, almost symbolically....kaput...wouldn't connect to wifi. ( That's as good as crashed to me, google loyalist see...I don't even use word and excel...only cloud computing). 

I then get into action. Called Just Dial to get the service center numbers. It's late at night so I need to wait till working hours next morning ( not easy...my morning starts with my laptop). I keep trying and finally get through. That guy asked me some preliminary questions and says some technical stuff...and the only thing I registered is  'you'll have to leave it here for two days'. My heart sank. 

I then decided to call customer care. Went through that whole IVR process, not once but three times, it's tough to crack. But so so worth it........because end of it, I got this angel online. 

He was so amazing. He said you can either take it to the service center or you follow my instructions. I said 'follow instructions'. He gave me detailed instructions....hold your breath....for almost two hours. And it was like magic. Error gone. In fact he was sweet enough to say, I'll call you two days later to see if it's all fine, and only then will I close the case.

And through the entire process he was so genuine, warm and reassuring.... he was exemplary, not just in his work, but as a human being, it just came through (for instance, in between he says..take off your ear phones, put phone on mike and go, this step will take ten minutes, I'll call out when you're needed) 

I could have given him a hug, not just for getting my laptop going from the comfort of my home...but also for making an otherwise difficult interaction so pleasant and easy.

I write here about it, because it's wonderful when we come across those blips of absolute beauty in the most unexpected places. Janardhan gave me a wow experience...as consequence he's made me into a lenovo lifetime loyalist. Whether it was just him...or his company....they've definitely got something darn right !!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is so amazing! It is a lesson for all customer care executives. In fact, you reminded me of one such experience I had with SONY. I wanted the TV to connect to the Internet and I had to buy some component and after that, it was a complete installation process (hadn't anticipated it. Thought it was plug and play). So, I was being an irate customer and really impatient with the mismatch of expectations. I had to restart the TV software! And the technical support at the other end managed it so well.. I owe it to that guy that I watch Netflix on TV!

    ReplyDelete