Thursday, January 26, 2017

Rediscover The Day

Early this morning I got a notification on the phone, which read 'Rediscover The Day'

Out of curiosity, since it was the first time I was seeing it, and as it was from Google, I clicked (sucker for memories and old connects see).

It was just one line; 'Rediscover this day, two years ago...25th Jan '2015'. And it had this picture.

                          

It was a collage of five pictures taken on the day, two years back. It was done so beautifully, that it straight off transported me back to that day.....I was touched. 

It in fact delivered what it had enticed. It enabled a reconnect to the day, and it had been a lovely day...a day that Dhruva and I had decided to go sightseeing in Pune. So first off, it managed to touch a core space of time shared with my son.

Second off, it had picked the pictures so intuitively, that I couldn't have done a better job myself ( I had atleast forty pictures from the day).  It covered the river by his hostel,  Shaniwarwada, Dhruva, Gandhiji's room in Aga Khan palace, and Dhruva's college.

It felt so thoughtful, sensitive, and unintrusive, that I, who am allergy level averse to forwards, sent off the link to Dhruva. It had managed to create a moment that was share worthy. 

Just imagine, in two minutes, it enabled not just a reconnect for me, but also a connect between Dhruva and me.

It was a ' simply wow' experience. 

So much so, that when it popped the question of 'would you like this to be an added feature...'Yes, please or No, thanks'....I picked 'Yes, please'.

Way to go Google....love you that one notch more !!

No comments:

Post a Comment