Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Energy Shifts

I'm a big one for lists. I have lists for everything. Can be as serious an issue as 'what courses do I want to do' ( the list would have started as a dump of ideas), or as frivolous as which songs do I want on my playlist (in the car write out favorites as the radio plays), or daily tasks, or weekly to do's, whatever.


This is my master doc which I open everyday, yes literally everyday ( as can be seen it has several sheets, including the daily, weekly...lists) . 

I recently gave pause on the title... my current doc was titled 'After SELCO'. This was a doc I'd created when I had begun having thoughts of quitting SELCO, it had started as my thinking tool and what had started over an year back, had just continued, with new sheets getting added.

And believe it or not until I started that one, the previous one which had lasted three whole years was called 'After Google'.

This New Years I got a feeling that there was something not right here. The titles seemed in some sense backward looking..... like they carried a sense of not letting go. Remember I open it everyday, and sometimes four times a day I'll look at it, I use it to open the doc and what I'm looking at by default is the title.

Was I in some sense holding on to the past.....to Google, to SELCO, whatever, even after I'd moved on. Was my mind needing a subconscious anchor....not fully letting go, not fully independent, not fully present.

I decided to make the shift. On New Years, I created a new doc '2017, What's New' , and trust me, it's after almost six years that I have a doc which doesn't read 'After....'.  It took a while, I'd type in the old name by default each morning. But now, it's been almost a month, and I've aligned.....a..n..d........I'm beginning to see more than just my doc change.

The structure of the doc changed....the outlook altered........ and now, I see the energy shift

My takeaway: Be very careful of those subtle energies around you. Well yes, NLP (neuro linguistic programming) if you please.  Either you lead them, or they lead you.

No comments:

Post a Comment