Friday, November 27, 2015

Siddeshwara Temple

We finish our work by 5.30 and are headed back to the hotel, and it had been a really long day, so I half heartedly ask how far the Siddeshwara temple was, ( I'd done a quick browse before leaving ) and Mahesh says 2 kms. That seemed too close to miss. Subray was first like...howda?....ivagaa? ( really? now?) But a little persuasion, and he was on.....

And am I glad we went....I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said it was one of the prettiest and most powerful temples I've seen.

It's 11th century western Chalukyan architecture, and it's even visually just so beautiful. It just seems to talk to you, emanating strength, character and beauty. Creativity at it best. Spell binding stuff.


The 1000 years can be felt through the pillars , the central ones smooth and rounded and the outer ones ridged and octagonal, an interesting contrast


The sanctum sanctorium....neat, beautiful and powerful.... no religious clutter 


That's with Mahesh, our Haveri branch Manager


The level of detail and aesthetic simply stumps you.

Enjoying the serenity and quiet...and isn't he pretty too !!

No comments:

Post a Comment