Sunday, November 15, 2015

Does removal of what gives us Joy, lead to Unhappiness?

I like something....I enjoy something.....I desire something.

A natural corollary seems to be, if I don't have that something, I will be unhappy....the bigger the thing, the more unhappy.

This, I believe, is a myth.

If our identity and source of happiness is from within, then there's a centering and stability which won't ever take it away..........yet allow for a lot more joy which is limitless


And those are always welcome in life right?

It's like the vipassana space of equanimity....no cravings and no aversions

But does that mean one can't experience the absolute joy of, a walk in the rain,  a brilliant sunshine,  a wonderful movie, a great book, the quiet (or noisy) companionship of a friend,  the feel of a lovers arms.

I think all of those enhance experience, each at its own level. 

The space to be in is where your source and dependency is within, yet you have the expanded ability to joy from the without. That, is to be truly alive !!

No comments:

Post a Comment