Saturday, November 28, 2015

Davanagere Benne Dose

This experience I completely owe to Subray Hegde, who was joining me from Hubli, for this visit to Haveri. He calls in the morning to say......don't have breakfast madam, you must wait till I reach.

And then he takes me to this dingy little place called Davanagere Benne Dose.... and man, was it worth it. Simply sinfully delicious.


In fact it was so good, I decided to skip lunch just so we could to do it again in the evening and we did. And these real little hotels that actually go by the name of Davanagere Benne Dose, serve nothing but that. It's that plus coffee or tea. Focus and excel on specialization.
                                         


I tried talking to the chef (in the picture) about the biogas stove I'd visited last month, showed him pictures and all that, but he was like 'we need the firewood flame at this high level, controlled combustion might impact taste, in fact that's why we haven't shifted to gas either'.

If retaining tradition is part of retaining that taste, I totally agree. Going anywhere that part of Karnataka..... a must must do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment