Sunday, July 19, 2015

Last one on Bihar

These are some random experiences and pics from the Bihar trip:

The first morning when I came awake, it looked dawn out the window, but my cell phone showed 4.30 am. I thought it must be tube lights and tried to go back to sleep, but was worried my cell phone was cracking up. I got up to check and sure enough it was dawn, and the phone was right. It gets dawn at 4.30 in Bihar. Until then I didn't realize how many longitudes east, Bihar was to Bangalore :)

The Ganges again

Remnants of a Thakur kind mansion
Very popular puffed rice laddus

Letti Chokha, a local tandoor baked chaat
Cute kids manning a little store
Pretty sight huh? To me it felt straight out of those
Asha Parekh, Saira Banu movies
A Government School, a building with no other infrastructure
Roadside tryst with an elephant
There's atleast 600 trucks getting sand off the
Ganges river bed on everyday basis.
On the way
Lai, Gaya's most popular sweet
Like a finale, I also experienced an earth quake when there. We'd just pulled over to get some letti chokha, at 8 in the evening, and all of a sudden the car shakes violently, and Ranjan's like ...bhookamp hora hai kya? bhoomkamp hai.....and I didn't realize he was serious. But next day the papers read 5.8 on the richter, and Ranjan's like...bhola tha na aapko? It's just 200 kms off Nepal, and the after shocks of the recent large quake were still happening. Earth shaking experience for sure :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures... truly epitomises "a picture says a thousand words"...

    ReplyDelete