Saturday, January 9, 2016

Osho and New Years Resolutions

A friend sent me this.... saying..."Thought it would resonate with you so completely"
--------------------------
Someone asked Osho: "If one were to make only one new year's resolution, what would you suggest?"

Osho said: "This, and only this can be the new year's resolution: I resolve never to make any new years resolutions because all resolutions are restrictions for the future. All resolutions are imprisonments. You decide today for tomorrow? You have destroyed tomorrow.

Allow the tomorrow to have it's own being. Let it come in it's own way! Let it bring it's own gifts.

"Resolution means you will allow only this and you will not allow that. Resolution is struggle. Resolution is ego. Resolution is saying 'I cannot live spontaneously". And if you cannot live spontaneously, you don't live at all- you only pretend.

So let only one resolution be there: I will never make any resolutions. Drop all resolutions! Let life be a natural spontaneity. The only golden rule is that there are no golden rules."
-------------------------------------
I received this a day after I'd made my new year resolutions :). And it came with the message from a very very close friend ( Vishakha knows me real well ) stating  "I thought this would resonate with you so completely"

Do they contradict? Do they not add up? What would my reply to her be?

I had before me .....An Impression.....A Fact... and The Reality.

It took me a while to figure it out.....to figure out how they fit.

My resolutions were all about process....little ones, to put some discipline into areas I want to focus on.  Fitness, Habits, Focus areas and such. 

Spontaneity is a framework...an attitude

And that's when you realize that what is known of you, is primarily through your underlying attitude... and the net result......while what you see in yourself is primarily the process, as it's something that's always on. Each decision (however spontaneous) has behind it a lot of thought.....process...and sure, within ones own framework.

Interesting to sometimes see yourself through the eyes of others. It's still you. In fact, at times, maybe even more you. What say??

No comments:

Post a Comment