Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Good Deed of the Day

Last week, Diksha and a friend ordered food from Burger King, and there was stuff leftover. I was so irked by the mess, I threw the remains into the trash. And then the second thoughts, the feeling bad..... it was after all chicken nuggets, so I actually picked them back up, put it away in another container and stuck it in the fridge ( I was irritated remember, that's when you stick it in, rather than put it in :)

Each time I opened the fridge, it would bug me, (oh, most important piece of information, all our cats seem to have gone off on sabbatical, that's why the fridge), so I pushed it right behind and forgot all about it.

This morning, I see one of the cats sitting outside the french window, peeping in hopefully,  and the moment she saw me.....mewing an..... 'I'm back' kinds.

I was immersed in my book, so for a while I chose to ignore her. But the mewing was persistent, and the look so doleful, that I had to drag myself to the kitchen.

Opened the fridge for milk, and that's when I suddenly remembered the nuggets. It's such a pain because cats don't like cold food.... .so had to microwave for a minute and all that.

The experience of watching her eat.....first she couldn't figure out what it was (staple is bread and milk) ......trying it out ......and then the relish with which she ate it. It was just so gratifying and worth all that trouble. I actually put aside my book and sat and watched her eat them all, so much so, I forgot to take a picture  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment