Tuesday, January 5, 2016

In Pune

This picture from my room on Dhruva's campus....it actually made a post worthwhile:


I was up early, it was yet dark and chilly, so in place of a walk, I settled back into my blankets for a cosy read. A whiff of breeze moved the curtain, just enough for a glimpse, like just this glimpse of ethereal beauty. I braved the chill to step out onto the balcony to be greeted by this.... it just took my breath away. 

Here's a few more pictures from on campus:

A thick early morning mist covering the river


Raj Hostel, where I stayed ( a hostel on campus for visitors)


The walk from Raj hostel to the mess and Dhruva's college. The river Mula Mutha flows alongside.


 The Mulamutha river


Dhruva has a bird watching enthusiast friend, and she took me to this clump of trees to show me weaver bird nests. The architecture of a weaver bird nest is pretty fascinating. 

Also a small snippet from research on weaver birds: they kept young ones away from other weaver birds and found that the ability to build these nests stays through seven stand alone generations.... guess proving that its part instinctive and part learnt


Sun set from the plane


There was another super exciting experience on this trip to Pune. Went to see Mastani Mahal (inspiration from Bajirao Mastani). I initially thought it was within the Shaniwar Wada grounds.... but found it wasn't. It took some crazy searching to even find it, and there's an interesting story there..... this can be teaser for tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment