Saturday, June 10, 2017

The monsoons are here

And aahhh, are they so so welcome !

I moved from Bangalore to Hyderabad bang in the middle of summer. Went straight from 32 C to 42 C. The first few days I was in a literal daze. I'd almost forgotten how to handle 42 C. But then the gods were kind, it soon came down to a more handleable 38 C. (for a short bit)

My dad kept saying it was such a wrong time to move. My mom was like, why don't you just stay in Bangalore till June and then move.

But then, I was crystal clear. Yes, weather matters, yes the heat bothers, but it is not a criterion for a decision on moving.

Once here, I decided I'd not let the heat bother me. And I mostly didn't. (except what I thought was weight loss due to the veggie juice diet, might actually have been me melting away a little too)

We've had sporadic rains since, even hail storms, but yesterdays rain felt so like the monsoons. An unmatched lovely feeling. I simply love the rains, and diksha and I spent the hour capturing moments in the rain, on our bodies and on our cameras as well.

Well, you can neither see nor feel the rain in the picture, I still just needed it there. On a clear morning we can see the city stretch till mountains in the backdrop, so you'll need to stretch imagination :)


Our kitchen windows were open, and because we didn't want to disturb these two pigeons, end of the hour we had a flooded kitchen  


Diksha actually went off for a long walk in the heavy rain. That's her indulging me for a picture from below. 


I stayed limited to our lovely terrace, just my arm wet was enough for me :)


This is a favorite picture of the rain, and I must give full credit there to Diksha for the idea of a see through rice cooker lid, to use as umbrella for the phone to take that picture. And that's Nandi (the linea) enjoying the rain.


And this morning, even as I sit on my couch and type, I'm able to hear the peacocks (from kbr park). Guess we're singing the same song.....they love the monsoons too :)

2 comments:

  1. And Bangalore last night as 22 degree. No fan. Warm blanket.lovely fuzzy feeling cuddling into cool sheets.

    ReplyDelete