Tuesday, June 27, 2017

A visit to 'Fubar'

Yesterday evening was a lovely evening spent at Fubar.

Nice for more reasons than one. My primary reason for going was because Diksha's done wall art there, and I've been wanting to go see.

Plus, I recall the day, soon after we moved back to Hyd, when she called one evening and said "ma, I'm sooo happy, I've found my kind of people here" and she's since almost made it second home. 

That's her with the wall she and Abedhya painted


Fubar is a fairly new joint in Hyd, little older than a month. It's a peculiar name, Food bar, Fun bar....and whatever else you're hearing :)

It's been called an 'inclusive cultural place with restaurant and bar'. Even when we walked in, there was this guy who was projecting a short film he'd made. And they apparently have a lot of music gigs, an open mike where anyone can plug in their guitar and play, and lots of art workshops too.

It has an inside, and an outside (covered) seating space, very artistic and casual at one time, pleasant ambiance, brilliant vibe, spiced up drinks (am talking for the bloody mary I had :) nice food, and what's more, easy on the pocket too. Overall lovely enough even for the prudish me to want to go chill there .

Diksha just showed me this video which tells the story of how Fubar came into being, how it shaped up over chai and biscuits at bawarchi, interesting and inspiring. It even has a clip of her octopus blueprint :)

Some pictures from the evening:

We sat out and it was heavy rain, so it was that much more beautiful. Tried to capture the rain in the background, with Praveen, Dhruva and Diksha.


The four of us, from the other side


Folks enjoying live music inside


The four of us again, with diksha's octopus in the background


After a couple of drinks Praveen and I left..... Dhruva and Diksha stayed on and apparently hung out with some regulars over interesting conversation till much much later. 


Deech, I love the story of the octopus. How you were just sitting around chatting with the guys (the owners, or creators should I say), and casually mentioned how a painting on that wall would look good, and how that grew.....and you calling me all excited with 'guess what ma, I got my first painting contract in Hyd'.

Love that initiative and passion Deech...Keep it going !!

For those who might want to check it out, it's on Rd No 1, Jubilee Hills in the Celebrations building...and I'd say GO !

No comments:

Post a Comment