Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Eid and Sheer Khorma

Eid means a visit to Afshan's house and a dip into her amazing Sheer Khorma. This has been a ritual since school, and this time round was no exception.

This year, however, I was in for a double treat.

The day before Eid when Faizan, my house help, said she was taking two days off for eid. I asked her to save some sheer khorma for me and bring it on wednesday when she came to work.

I was in for a lovely surprise when Eid morning she brings me a big bowl of piping hot sheer khorma, and says "दो दिन पुराना कैसे लाती अम्मा आपकेलिए , अच्छा गरम गरम है , आप अभी खालीजिये ", (how can I get you two day old sheer korma, I've brought it  nice and hot, come eat right away) and I actually did..two helpings.

She came in a new pretty bhurkha, and I was like ' भुरखा कितना सुन्दर है, पर नया साड़ी थो dikao " and she looked so pretty in her festive bright yellow saree and jewellery. Enough for me to try a selfie, an almost first .


Evening.....Sheer khorma at Afshan's


A ritual that's so close to the heart that it had to get on here. In fact I recall when at Google, they occasionally had sheer khorma for regular desert, and I felt like it was sacrilege. To me, and guess I'm pretty stuck up in some such spaces.....it had to be an exclusively Eid special :)

No comments:

Post a Comment