Sunday, April 2, 2017

Namma Metro

I did a metro ride yesterday.....for the long distance from my place to Girija's, and what would have taken me two hours each way by car, I did in under an hour, and in the comfort and ease of the metro
                                                Image result for namma metro

It's a long ride, a full forty minutes...and a nice surprise was the line being half distance overhead and half distance underground, and it was lovely. It's so popular, that even on a Saturday it was pretty full. 

While Girija told me I'd have to be smart getting in, to get a seat, that kind of smart I'm not. But then there was this young lad who was sweet enough to give me his seat the moment I got in. That was so touching. And I found that happening across the board....people getting up for women with children, for elderly people, for children, for women.......was really nice to see that happen. 

And it's so well maintained, and so clean inspite of the crowds, not just the metro itself, but the metro stations too. And it's all so slick, that it's like it's almost inspiring good behavior.


Inside the metro......a picture after most of the crowd got off


A view from the metro


This is pic courtesy Google.......I really like the emblem 

   

Namma metro.....something to be proud of

1 comment:

  1. True. The cleaniness inspires the users to keep the station clean. The employees are also very polite and friendly. Another feature is the inagural run on this purple line was motored by a young lady Rashmi who now works as station controller/ train operator.
    Glad that you experienced this one more aspect of Bangalore.😇

    ReplyDelete