Friday, October 25, 2019

Two wonderful hours of nostalgia

Dhruva was fishing out some old certificates for his masters application, and it so happened that I walked in at the exact same time. Those couple hours lent themselves to some "omg, look at this one" "how cute you look in this" "this is what likely made you head boy" "how much was Diksha in the papers"  kind of moments.

In fact, half way in, I found myself going beserk with my ooh's and aah's.

With Halloween round the corner, this one deserves first mention. 

Diksha had a little halloween party at home, way back then, when halloween hadn't even come into India.... to the extent that it got reported in the paper :)


She must have been ten or eleven years old, and the title reads 'dhayyala panduga jerupukunna chinnarulu'. Plus an inset of the cake which reads "happy spooky halloween" :)

It brought back such memories. Dhruva was like "I remember I didn't want to go, and the reporter calling me also for the picture".

I think it was one of the parents of her friends who said "this is so fascinating....it's trend setting, let me see if I can get a reporter". We didn't think she meant it until the guy actually showed up as the party was on.

Going through that bunch of papers brought back so much memory of how she'd do so many things completely on her own. I remember also in her 5th class, she was the only girl who signed up for football, and the coach didn't know what to do, but she stayed put. 

And not just this and halloween....but the plays, the MUNs, the Comicons. This comicon I remember how she disappeared into her room for hours and came out looking like this, did it all on her own. Found that paper as well. 


Deech, must say it made me so proud to see how much you did on your own initiative, right from when  so little. 

Way to go girl, and Happy Spooky Halloween again !!

No comments:

Post a Comment