Monday, November 7, 2016

Painting by the lake

This mornings walk held a nice new surprise. This elderly gentleman deeply engrossed in painting. Just seeing him there... sitting by himself, oblivious to the morning walkers, his color palette and a little glass of water and this wonderful piece of art getting created on his lap was in itself so uplifting.


I went and hung around until he got distracted enough to look, and then I asked if I could take a closer look at the painting


The left side of the scene, with just a little bit of the lake, was what he was painting. We got chatting a bit too. He's Padmaraj, and he has studies art in college, a bachelor of fine arts.... then got into regular work....retired from a pharmaceutical company, and is now pursuing his interest between looking after his grandson. 


I'm hoping to meet him again. Just seeing him there was inspiring. Guess I have a soft corner for painting, it's one of  those wants that just sat on the cold freeze :)

While I had to drag myself out for the walk this morning (resuming after a break is just so so difficult) I came back so glad I'd gone.....

2 comments: