Sunday, November 20, 2016

Goldy's Adventure

Our kitten story continues......as the kittens have grown, we've had varied experiences with them, some fun and some not so. This one is the latest.

Goldy got stranded on the first floor balcony of a house, and a house whose residents are on a trip to the US, so no access. ( I have no pictures from the actual rescue mission, as that was all high stress time :)

Goldy and Nala
                             
Yash, Gowri and Sahana, feeding the kittens

I'm getting home in the evening and these two little kids, Gowri and Raina come running saying, 'aunty, aunty where's diksha, goldy's stuck, he's stuck high, come aunty'. I was half listening...long day, tired, laptop and file in one hand, grocery bag in another, I just wanted to go home. I tried telling them I'll freshen up and be back, but nope..... they were insistent, and persistent....the anxiety and tension in their voice evidence of their distress, so I went.

And sure enough, Goldy was badly stuck. The three of us........me, Raina around ten, and Gowri all of six, thought of all possible rescues.....but none was working. Along with them, I also missed Diksha...she would have known what to do we felt.

Diksha got back a couple of hours later, and then we both went and tried. This time with a lot more planning and strategy, including sourcing the tallest (rickety) step ladder, on which both of us took turns but with no luck.........parking the car below the balcony in the hope that Goldy would herself jump........ getting the electrician to climb onto the balcony which scared Goldy enough to make her climb up to the window ledge.....full on drama. 

Anyways..... to fill in facts, we tried it all till eleven at night and then gave up, nothing had worked. Next morning the mission was back on, and with reinforcement in the form of Deepak.....and between the two of them, they did it

Goldy, after the rescue

     
That's her baby picture from three months back...couldn't resist putting it in :)

Now what amazed me through all of this, is that as we were working on this, a couple of  neighbors came around to join us for a while, and I heard 'he's been stuck there since last night, mewing all night, I couldn't even sleep' 'what a nuisance, something should be done'.

And I was left wondering.....what would it have taken for you to have felt the responsibility........ got help...... felt the love that Gowri and Raina had.......why does it go away as we grow up.

Thanks Gowri and Raina.....and Diksha and Deepak .....I'm sure Goldy's grateful !

No comments:

Post a Comment