Friday, October 28, 2016

From Mom's Old Album

A visit to Hyderabad seems to be like digging into a treasure chest. If one time was finding an old Readers Digest Publication with which I'd spent hours and hours of growing up time.....another was finding remnants of my old stamp collection, which enabled some wonderful reminiscing. 

This time round it was old photographs that my mom had dug out. One that she especially kept after seeing the post on The Trek........is an old school time picture of Sujata and me, and yes, a b&w picture to boot.

                        

This brought back not just one or two or three, but pretty much an avalanche of memories. Right from walking to school together every morning for years on end....... buying our first cycles together,......playing the rough and tough lagori with the boys..... hours and hours of rummy and bluff......shuttle in the galli.........competing over the carrom board....... arguments over scrabble........ and chess, there were often times chess games have sat overnight before completion......exchanging first Mills and Boons....... giggling over childhood crushes.......sharing notes on first boyfriends........the list is endless. 

It now suddenly explained to me the answer to the question I raised on the trek...'it's on her bucket list, what am I doing here?'.....the question just fell away. Almost seemed like, If not me, who?

Sujata bol....aur kya hai teri bucket list pe :)

7 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post ...cherished memories...has me smiling since morning.
    Thanks for making my day. And my next item on bucket list is Leh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leh haan? इसी को शायद केहते हैँ..... आ भैल मुजे मार :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post! Funny.. I never knew... always thought of you and Surekha... Leh is on my bucket list too. . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks...and maybe, just maybe, it could be sujata and you, you know :)

    ReplyDelete