Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The Wee Little Gestures

There are the small gestures of niceness...the Thank you's and the Please's, that we use around us all the time, be it with family, friends, shops, office, college..........and then there are those you do with complete strangers.

                                         please thanks

Not to take away from the ones closer home,  yet, the ones with total strangers seem to have just this different charm....maybe comes from the zero expectation space.

I had it both ways since yesterday and guess, I'm still feeling that little bit of extra joy:

Yesterday, I saw this car waiting at the signal, and as I came by I saw that he was a little ahead of the signal and didn't seem to see it changed to green......he continued to wait... I slowed down to tell him. And I was so surprised to see him catch up with me at the next signal just to say thanks.

And just now, after my morning walk, guess I was a little late....the road was choc o block with traffic, and I was waiting almost five minutes just to cross the road....then there was this car guy who actually caught my eye, guess felt sorry to see the pouring sweat, or caught the exasperation in my face....whatever, he just screeched to a definitive halt to let me pass. I could have bowed...but ofcourse chose instead to lip sync a grateful thanks.....and the flash of a smile I got is still in mind.

Guess, within our circle, we so take for granted the thanks and pleases......but when it comes to strangers, the occurrence in itself is such a joy and a pleasure. Would be nice to pay as much attention to it at all times I'd think....in the telling and the receiving......that much more joy all around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment