Monday, September 12, 2016

Blistering Barnacles

Well, guess that's as Tintin specific as it gets. Any Tintin reader would need no introduction, and a non Tintin reader would have no clue..... as I doubt the phrase has ever been used outside of Tintin.


I was a huge Tintin fan. Actually, more than me Praveen, my brother was, and between us we had a decent collection. I'm fairly sure I've read all of the twenty four comics multiple times each, and my brother went one step further....he recently bought himself the whole collection. Just to say how much Tintin was part of our growing up years. 

So when Deepak and Diksha recently did the walls of a cafe called Blistering Barnacles, I felt an immediate bond.  This is their artwork from the cafe.

The inimitable  Captain Haddock


I'm not sure if this one belongs there, but anyways it's Deepak at work, so putting it in.... for a bit, I couldn't tell if the chair was from the painting or real :)



What a lovely piece.......


Wonderful work guys......right from the name, to Captain Haddock with his colorful expressions, and the great detail in the last picture with Tintin and Thompson and Thompson, and little snowy ofcourse. Nice chance to reminiscence, and, loved the work too !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment