Thursday, September 22, 2016

Proud Moment !

With Vishakha, I almost feel like this had to happen......it makes me all the more happy for that....just adds to the glory of the moment.

                                   Image result for vishakha r m

Why would I say it had to happen?

Well, she's had this single minded grit and determination to go after what she wanted ever since I've known her. I have tons of stories, but let me stay with the printable one, this is after all, no longer just friend terrain :)

I remember her preparation during her CA exams. While we would make it a point to meet everyday even though we were in different colleges, even if we had to walk the six kilometers between our houses, and even through her sometimes fourteen hour schedules ( yes she did those schedules even then ), during her exams she'd say, I'm going to give it my all.... and trust me she would just disappear into her books those months, even our meets would be then rationed and timed :)

The journey has been amazing, her growth as an individual which I've seen go from strength to strength, and as a professional, right on to becoming MD and CEO.

A favorite analogy of her's which comes to mind, is of a swimming duck. You see the grace and beauty of the movement, but need to remember that there's a lot of efficiency and hard work continuously underway beneath the surface. She epitomizes it....the effort, the efficiency and the grace.

Congratulations pal and so so proud of you !!!

6 comments:

  1. Vishaka a great thumbs up to an excellent and so deserving recognition and achivement . It helps us to know the hard work and dedication that you have put in to achieve such significant place in your career. Looking forward to you getting the award

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Smitha.. am touched. I never gave myself as much credit as I did to a whole host of other factors. Thank you for believing in me and rekindling my sense of entitlement. Do I need to say anything about the enabling role you have always played? Blessed to have you as my friend!
    @ Girija, thank you very much. I am keenly looking forward to it too. Now that I reached here, one tends to get more aspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Vishakha congrats... Way to go :) ....guess you deserved it, have always known you to be so focused and career oriented. I am sure you will win the final round too. My Best Wishes r with you.

    ReplyDelete