Saturday, April 23, 2016

Anticipation Enhances The Now

I read a post today...one that spoke of a Paradox.  It said 'Eternity is in the moment......Cut off the path that led us here and cut off the road ahead, stay deep in the moment ...that's where eternity is.... it's where we are truly living'. 

Profound stuff. And I completely completely agree.

I spent the day totally like that. In each moment.

Stepped out in the morning with a long checklist for the day, and went about it meticulously, doing it wholeheartedly and ticking off. (that's why I love checklists)

The twist? All of today was about tomorrow. I was planning and preparing for a road trip.

Every single item on the checklist was for tomorrow, right from last minute shopping (which annoyingly seems always needed before a trip, as it's something I vehemently, wholeheartedly dislike and so never gets done), the picking up of favorite road eats (from random different places, because you're in an indulgent mood), getting the car done, coolent and tyre pressure and all (especially the stepney, which we never otherwise do), the visit to the salon ( I guess feeling good makes you also want to look good), and so on.

I listed only to show how it was all about tomorrow.... but then, all totally in the now. I loved the day.

Anticipation is not about the future...it's about now. Enjoy the anticipation...not as in waiting for the future. Paradox again !?!

No comments:

Post a Comment