Wednesday, November 7, 2018

On Deepawali

Tradition can be beautiful......and certainly is on Deepawali.


The diyas, the sweets, the rangoli, the crackers, the family time, the food, the feel.....all good stuff. 

Especially the diyas, my favourite part....the little earthen deepaalu that one accumulates over years. Then atleast two new ones added each year...that's blind faith in moms word :)

I'll add the two, but I love my old ones.....ones I have since Dhruva and Diksha were little, and painted them pretty :)

The day sure brings a lot of joy and fun and smiles

A layer more is always nice, to add to the story and meaning. 

I was watching Sadguru talk on 'Why Narakasura's death is celebrated as Diwali?'. 

He starts with laughing 'we're celebrating the killing of a man' :)

The story he tells in a nutshell: Krishna slays Narakasura.....they are both one, part of the same consciousness, yet very different people. Krishna has chosen to live his goodness and strengths, while Narakasura, has lived a life of evil. And when slain by Krishna says 'you have not killed me today, you killed my limitations'.  And this is what we celebrate today, the slaying of evil.

He ends with 'why wait till we die to look at our limitations'.

Thought it was a nice thought to remember when lighting our lamps today.... maybe look within to find that one limitation you want changed, or that one strength you want enhanced. Light it out.

Have a Dazzling Diwali !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment