Sunday, March 25, 2018

Layers of Experience

I sat down this morning to write, and I realized I'd lost chronology. I'd done trips to Corbett, Delhi, Pune and Bangalore, all in March...... had managed to write some on Pune in between, then again gotten interrupted by Bangalore.

And when I sat down today, I found myself sort of stuck....I'd lost the flow (on the travelogue I mean :)

And that's when the question came up. What is this flow? What does it do?

Ofcourse I remember the trips, each incident too I'm sure.....but I'd blurred on the feel. And that's what influences 'flow'. A flow is like an enhanced experience.......a space where the connect is at multiple levels...........when not just the 'happenings and incidents' are the narrative, but also the thoughts and feelings 'about' the happenings and incidents.

It's this that adds the underlying, or should I say overarching, aura to the experience. 

This holds true for anything. When we write, or talk 'about' an experience, we make it more personal, more real.....the narrative is more wholesome, stuff that touches the heart...... be it to others or even to self.

No comments:

Post a Comment