Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Ask 'Why' not 'What'

Every once in a while we might want to step back and ask ourselves this question.

The 'Why' and not the 'What'.

Life can get busy. In fact getting 'busy' isn't a difficult space to get to. You have a chunk of time, and there's always something to fill it in.

Parkinson's law is not for nothing: "work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion".

That's why the 'Why' becomes important. Why am I doing what I'm doing. Is what I'm doing adding value to my life, is it aligned to my goals, my mission, my values, my vision?

It's easy to veer off course. A quiet two degree turn at some point and before long you'll find that you're well off course.

Why is this important?

At any moment when you look within, if your 'Why' is answered, you will feel a deep sense of fulfillment and joy. Else there can be an emptiness, fear, questions, restlessness....all signs telling you to ask the 'Why'.

As Kiekegard said 'Busyness can at times become the greatest distraction from living' and paradoxically, the greatest source of unhappiness.

Living a meaningful life requires awareness....the 'Why' is a great tool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment