Sunday, March 19, 2017

Walking in Kasturi Nagar

My option for a walk was to either walk within the apartment complex, which is also nice and wide, or to move out and explore the colony.

I thought I'd try the colony ( spoilt by lalbagh I guess.....can't imagine myself going round and round a building :)

I realized out has it's issues too.....noise, smoke, traffic....but as I did it a few days, I started to find ways to work around those issues and have started to quite like it. Works well for my one month jaunt for sure.

The experience in pictures:

That's Dilip, my second day discovery. Ten days in and I now know he's from Jolarpet, his brother and he do it together, he plans to have a website, and that he has learnt the recipes from an ayurvedic guru in his village. He has three kinds of combinations each day. The ones I know...amla and curry leaves, chicory leaves, mixed sprout juice or beetroot and honey. Very interesting, I'm now hooked to ending my walk with a beetroot and honey juice.


That's misty...a beautiful golden retriever. She's so friendly and so mellow, she doesn't even need a leash.....and I really like how comfortable she is with the street dogs too


That's Misty's owner...misty doesn't like walking at all, and as you can see, she'll just sit wherever, and then he has to coax her into walking again


That's for my bougainvillea fondness


A lot of Bangalore's parks now have this work out equipment, with free access to public, and it's really popular.


A sight that caught our attention ( Amit has started walking with me when he can, and he's a restaurateur and a hard core foodie to boot :) . It's food being cooked in an empty plot, for free distribution at the masjid, it's apparently done each Friday


That's another doggy on the way, Bruno....as you can see, very handsome, but more curious and ferocious


That's one of my chosen walking streets...wide and green


That's Tommy, the erneelu (coconut water) seller's dog...very friendly....I love how he plays with the kids as they get ready for school


These are over the last ten days I've been here....enough to make a walk interesting, right!

2 comments: