Friday, March 24, 2017

Google Maps - Huge Thanks

Until I got to Bangalore, I'd hardly used GPS. Once here, I found myself hooked...In fact I was fully dependent on it. I needed it to get from anywhere to anywhere, starting from day one when we drove into Bangalore and had to find our own house. Day two when I needed to find my office, and then just on and on..... until even yesterday when I went to 'Raintree' with Vijji aunty.


It's amazing how much I've used it. So many places I'd drive off to at all times of day or night, just on the assurance of the GPS. Coming to think of it, it's been the same phone, same GPS, all of three years. If I'm dealing with a lot of closures here, guess this is yet another.

And what I love about Google Maps is that it's so sweet and patient...never critical...... you take a wrong turn, and it won't tell....... it'll gently reset itself to still get you to your destination in the best possible way.

It tells you your options, tells you when traffic is bad, tells you how much longer.......it always gives you the choice.

Sure there have been times it has let me down. I remember this one time, it was late at night, I'd dropped a friend off at some distant place and for some weird reason my GPS went nuts. It actually took me in circles, big enough circles for me to not even have realized it until the third time, by which time I was close to tears....... looking at it from here it seems funny, but at that point it was anything but.

It might have done that a few times, but then am I going to be looking at that occasional time when it went wrong, or all those times it did right. Lesson there :)

Once back in Hyd I don't see myself using it at all........ but for having used it so extensively during my stay in Bangalore, I'm right now so full gratitude and thanks.

2 comments:

  1. You trusted GPS to take the correct route ,to reach the destination even when it soetimes took you to wrong places.A wonderful metaphor to living.Trust that you are on paths going on to the right place. Despite humps ,you Will reach there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. true...just to know the destination right ;)

    ReplyDelete