Friday, March 17, 2017

Musings .....What's a Stop Gap

What's a stop gap? By common parlance, guess it's spaces in between, a temporary arrangement kinds.

Why the thought?

It's because I'm currently in what can conventionally be called 'stop gap'. I've moved from Bangalore back to Hyd....yet, I'm currently back in Bangalore, for a month to complete my course. And considering my home's shifted (for logistical reasons), I'm in alternate accommodation for the month.

    A tree outside my present balcony

   A closer look....how pretty is that thingy, be it the fruit or the seed

The first two days here felt very like stop gap. I found myself wondering...I'm out of my home....neither in Hyd, what on earth am I doing here.... in fact the word 'limbo' came to mind. And I actually found myself slipping into low space. (and this inspite of having my uncle, aunt and cousins in the same building, making the space so like home, and so comfortable and easy for me)  

That lasted about two days. And then I started to see things differently.....it was a choice, and a choice that had fit so well too.

And then the more abstract realization. This is the present. A present that's forever. How can that be stop gap.

The feeling I was experiencing was like being back in college days...in hostel. No house to run, no children needing looking after, no garden to be tended, no formal work, no grocery shopping, no managing people, no bills to be paid, no timings.........it was all about course work and then the best part.....I could do just what I wanted to.

It was just so liberating.

The perspective shifted. It went onto...I'll likely never have this kind of fully befikar space again....and from one end of the spectrum I went to the other. And it's been so much fun since.

Life's a lot about the lens you're viewing it from :)

No comments:

Post a Comment