Friday, October 19, 2018

Wonder in your backyard

As metaphorical as real.....and as real as metaphorical

As incident, a couple days back I was just setting out for my morning walk, when Diksha and I got into a deep conversation. While my walk time went past, not wanting to interrupt the flow, I stayed put.

At 7.30, we're kind of done and she's like, "no, no, you should go....you've just about started walking after a two month break, so just go ma".

I went, and on impulse, instead of doing my usual route to KBR, I decided to walk the opposite way. I kept going into lanes and by-lanes I hadn't been in before. Allowed myself to get fully lost. And I was amazed to find that it was indeed an interesting and beautiful walk. Some lovely streets, beautiful houses, squirrels, old trees, and bonus was discovering two cute little parks.

In Pictures.

One of the parks I discovered. And I walked in to find just one lady walking, and then she comes up and says "aap lock karke chaavi wahan dena". Apparently a government park, but privately maintained. Nice.


Another angle of the same park.


A pretty lane


I love these bright yellow flowers


One of the streets


The BSNL tower plot from the opposite side...so old time it looks


Such pretty Bougenvillae


Another park, with a fancy name. It's called the hornbill park.


Another side of the park


Sure was an interesting walk. And what stayed with me was just that; 'the wonder in the backyard'.

Why did it take a negative stimulus like getting delayed for my walk, to even discover such pretty stuff ?

How much do we allow ourselves to be limited by our own patterns ...real time or in thought?

I'd read a quote recently: "Cages are made not only from rods, but from thoughts".  So fits !

No comments:

Post a Comment