Sunday, October 21, 2018

Ungodly hours?!?

4 am.....yes, 4 in the morning

That hour today became our overlap time......Diksha hadn't slept yet, and I'd just gotten up.

We caught sunrise alongwith coffee, music and a movie. And the ungodly hour became oh so godly.

Some of our favourite songs, videos on youtube. Then came a song from Moana, and then one from Tangled, and then from Beauty and the Beast.

Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorites, and I'm telling her I could watch that any times over, and she's like "Up to watching now" ??

Well, why not was the thought... and we settled down in the kitchen and watched. 

And as with any great book or movie, each revisit throws up new stuff. This time I saw what I believe ought to have been the most obvious. The actual transformation of the beast. How had I even missed it?

Fairytales see. When you start with a fairytale frame, you already have this storyline 'good prince......wicked witch.....a spell .....the kiss of a beautiful princess....and they lived happily ever after"

Earlier times I'd seen how she falls in love with him as she sees layer by layer get revealed. She was the heroine.

It's only this time round that I saw layer by layer getting transformed ....and not just revealed. Suddenly he was the hero. Was fascinating.

To capture the mood: A song by Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson

No comments:

Post a Comment