Monday, May 30, 2016

The Sun Rises In The East

Fact? Perception? Unreal?

Let me give some context. This was around ten years back, days of the popular game show 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' (Who wants to be a Millionaire). As is done with these game shows, the first question is just ice breaker, a simple, well known fact. And the question was The Sun rises in the .....?'.  The options were a) East b) West c) North d) South e) None of the above.

The answer was of course East, and the player of course got it right. Sitting at home and watching, I , had picked 'none of the above'. Why? Because, the thoughts in my head were.......... the Sun doesn't move......... atleast not relative to the Earth...so it doesn't actually rise......it's all perception.....it should have atleast been worded 'The Sun appears to rise in......

Anyways, my biggest conclusion was, no such game shows for me :)

Guess the wonder of it just stayed with me. And today in the hypnotherapy class, as example of something...... I heard Yuvaraj say 'One of the biggest lies we've been stating is the accepted postulate of the Sun rising in the East'. And it straight took me back to that day. 

Same evening, I'm doing some random browsing at home..... and I happen upon this article which says.......... In a few years it's likely 'The Sun will rise from the West'.

Intrigued.... I read. Not once, but three times.

How?

Geomagnetic Reversal - Earth's Magnetic Field flips over every few hundred thousand years. North becomes South and South becomes North. Now that kind of an event, and more so the number, is pretty much what our mind doesn't absorb...few hundred thousand years...whatever that means, right?

The last one happened some Seven hundred and eighty six thousand years back, and per a fairly recent calculation it was expected to happen in two thousand years. (I remember my dad telling me about this in school, and at that point, it just seemed very abstract and very far), but apparently, there's some changes happening to the earth's vibrational frequency, and the pole movements are now highly accelerated and the magnetic pole flip is expected to happen way sooner than believed. The movement has already begun, it's just really accelerated now. And predictions are that it could happen within our life time.

There's lots of theories on what the impact might be, and some sound real catastrophic... so not putting in links here :)

For the purpose of this write up, I'll just stay with the romantic theoretical bit related to sunrise. This shift will automatically change the sun's movement relative to the earth...... and the sun will appear to rise in the West. Some Woah...Wow kind of stuff, huh?

2 comments: