Sunday, October 19, 2014

Nurture when Needed - A Corollary

To be able to ‘nurture when needed’ and ‘facilitate but not teach’, which are really the same thing, it’s about being able to let go and yet be there.


Okay, I’ve tried four different way of saying that and they’re all saying one part of it and not the whole. So here’s an instance in example, to get maybe one perspective clearer:

In fact it was an Aha moment too…..A couple of years back I was on a visit to Pune to see Dhruva at the hostel, and sometime during the trip, I’m asking Dhruva ‘Did I do this trip for you or for myself dhruva?’, and he’s like ‘ma, honest answer to a candid question…….. you did it for yourself’. And you know why this became an aha moment? Because if someone had asked me the same question, I would have said I did it for him, as I really had to plan around a lot of work at office to make that trip. 

What does this tell us?

That what drives our actions a lot of times is not coming from either the other person or even ourselves, but from a deep rooted space of conditioning and societal expectation……and that’s a lot of energy which in reality is counterproductive

My takeaway……. Yet again :)

Be aware…….. tune in to get the frequency right…….. into others and into yourself …..you'll find the space created so much more positive and solid

No comments:

Post a Comment