Monday, January 8, 2018

The Home-stay At Amritsar

Each trip I find that there is stuff to write about specific places seen and experienced,, and then there's one very misc one, of times in between, or place of stay, or culture as felt....that kind.

This is that one... the home stay experience.

The house, it's so massive, that I couldn't get it all into one picture.


Once we booked on Air B&B, this is the lovely message I got from Hargun


Once we landed, we had to find it with the map, as neither us nor Savinder was familiar. Mom was like, "what's the name", and I was like "Ma, you wanted a home-stay, it's an actual home, it has no name" :)


Mom with Romy, in her verandah


Inside. This pic is off the confirmation mail though, as we somehow missed taking a picture inside


A street dog outside her house. I was so impressed with my mom, she carried her uneaten sandwich from the flight, 'to give to some dog she said', and she actually found one a day later. The doggy enjoying the Vistara sandwich.


A walk in the colony. The size of the houses are jaw drop unbelievable


Romy and me, the day we were leaving. We felt like friends by then. Her smiling face still comes to mind every once in a while. She's so affectionate, that the second day she waited for me outside to catch me and say, "you're not wearing the right kind of clothes for Amritsar", and gave me her sweater. That sweet.


Mom enjoying her morning cup of coffee in the veranda outside our room. The fog was so thick and beautiful. 


A final picture ...... a Shiva that I just fell in love with it when I saw it at a store outside the Golden Temple, and now sits at home.


Ma, this one's for you.....it's only your desire and will that made this trip come true..... one that will remain in the heart forever.....and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment