Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Chilled Out....

Well, this one as literal as metaphorical....likely more

A story about my fridge. The fridge conked out a couple weeks back, rather one part did. The deep freeze component continued to work, and until I could sync my time and the LG guys time,  we pretty much managed with the deep freeze section alone. 

One fine day the guy comes, spends ten minutes looking into it, says "the defreezing is not working... it's an over fifteen year old fridge... this model no longer exists.... so can't get spares"....net net he said I needed to buy a new one, and then charges me 464 for the visit.

While I was thinking I might need to get a new one, advice (good and solid) floating around was to check with the local repair guys.

Yesterday finally, just back from a nice 'chilled out' trip, I called just dial to say "I need someone to repair my fridge please".

Just that.... no make, no model, no nothing. And within a couple hours, I had Azhar and Basheer at home. 

Half hour on the fridge....some intense work on it.....a pcb replaced, and the fridge was purring so beautifully.

And ofcourse it was chilling out. It and me.


I was so engrossed in watching what they were doing, that I forgot to take a picture while they were at it. When I asked them for one later, they were like 'photo kyon madam?'. Told them about the blog and how this would add as expression of gratitude and joy.  That extra smile was so beautiful to see....for them and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment