Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Aquascaping

A term I hadn't heard until yesterday....and one I learnt in the most beautiful of ways. From my son.

It's Dhruva's new found interest, and he did such a beautiful job of it:


We once had an aquarium at home, when the kids were little.....a couple plants, some stones and ofcourse some fish.  Now when Dhruva got one of his own, he's taken it to a whole different level.

So amazingly beautiful....that it looked like a work of art.

Aquascaping is defined as the craft of arranging aquatic plants, as well as rocks, stones or driftwood in an aesthetically pleasing manner within an aquarium....in effect gardening under water...and it may or may not actually house fish. It's almost creating a microcosmic ecosystem.

Caught an interesting (the reflection :) picture of him looking closely at some little transparent snails that have arrived in there, see what I mean by it's own eco system...


By the time I finished writing this post (started two days ago :), he got a little school of fish, here's one of them:


What also comes to mind is the extreme that he goes to in anything he does. Dinosaurs when he was little....he could name close to a hundred kind of dinosaurs...those were days I thought he might want to become an archeologist. And then pokemon....omg, leave alone him, I could name around fifty myself I think...gengar was my favourite.

Then harry potter, and wwf....music, football, movies.......it's fascinating to see that level of passion and attention to detail in anything he does. I see it again now...and I can only imagine how he must be with his filming.

Thanks for adding that new dimension to life, and that added beauty to the house kanna.....and needless to say, may you enjoy the experience !!

No comments:

Post a Comment