Thursday, November 16, 2017

A Super Proud Moment !!

Dhruva's short animated film, 'The End'  has been selected for screening at the Neos Film Fest in Mexico !

I was really excited when he told me about it yesterday, and then got even more excited when I just saw his Instagram account ....art_dhruva 

His FB page


 His film listed


What makes me really proud is not just the outcome (this selection) but more the whole process......starting from the commitment and effort that I saw Dhruva put into the film for the seven months that he worked on it. He was at it night and day, like the proverbial mad man kinds. For a guy who's always taken life rather chilled out, I watched amazed.

A clear indication that great work comes out of that space where creativity meets commitment. 

The concept itself is rather deep and abstract, and to capture that in a seven minute animated film was so challenging, that most times I wouldn't understand what he was telling me. In fact he didn't let me see the film until it was completed.

When I finally saw it, I was blown. I initially thought it was bias, mom's pride and all that, but when I heard feedback from his professors, his mentors, and above all, saw Dhruva's own faith which empowered him enough to send the film to global film festivals, completely on his own initiative, I knew better.

As said to him by his professor 'this film is your reckoning'

(the film itself can't be made public yet, but soon as it can, it'll definitely be up here :)

And I must add, not that it was needed, but this so ratifies and validates that moment when Five years back we were deciding what course he should take, and against a lot of opposing views we stood with Animation. For those who might not know, Dhruva is just completing his 4.5 year course in Animation Design at MIT Institute of Design, Pune.

Dhruva, Huge Congratulations again, and definitely a Super Proud Moment!!

2 comments: