Thursday, November 2, 2017

A Morning Full of Colour

A very literal beautiful start to the day.

What lovely shades of pink against the blue. The sight that greeted me as I got up. 


On my walk today I found so many pretty (ier) sights. Almost wondered if the sunrise of the morning had somehow tuned me in. 

As I was closing the door I saw this little moth which looked so different. Look at that tuft of bushy hair on his head. So cute.


A pretty yellow bush in full bloom on the walkway


This was a lovely mauve tree lined part of the walk


This was a full surprise. In fact there were so many that I asked the park guards if somebody had come and left them there, and they were like, 'no, the mother is around some place, they were born in the park'


So very adorable


This mornings podcast was a talk with Dean Buonomano, a neuroscientist at UCLA. It was about 'Time' . How the human brain tells time and if time exists at all. 

He spoke of how Physics (Einstein) had spoken of time as the fourth dimension, and how our brain and language haven't yet developed enough to grasp that, and how neuroscience is now understanding and expanding the brains grasp of time.

Very far removed from the beauty of the moment. Paradoxically, also enabled a deeper appreciation and connect into the present moment, like understanding, no experiencing...does time exist at all...isn't this moment forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment