Saturday, February 28, 2015

The latest addition to the feline lineup

I felt my heart swell when I saw one of my cats walk in yesterday with her really little kitten held ever so gently in her mouth. I first thought it was a rat, it was so little. I'd religiously made sure she had the right food through her entire pregnancy, so I almost felt like she'd brought the little kitten just to show me. She then found herself a nice cozy spot in the garden, behind the vegetable patch. 

Ok, I know cats do that all the time, but lets just allow me my fantasy :)

I don't know if I can say as much about Kannada, but thanks to her, I'm surely making a lot of progress on cat communication. I understand there are like 38 different kinds of mews or something, and I think I now understand a fairly good percentage of them. I surely get the, 'hi.. morning', 'where's my food', 'I'm hungry', (there's a difference, with the latter being that notch more urgent than the first), 'I want to come in', 'I want a caress', and 'stay away from me'. It's beautiful how they communicate much more through body language than mews, but all in all, I'm progressing there.

These pictures are cropped and recropped, because I was too scared to go closer. How ever friendly, there's nothing more vicious than a mother cat under threat, and I know this one, I've been attacked once. 





Ain't they both just so cute !!

No comments:

Post a Comment