Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Back to Hawai'i

It's been a while, almost four months in fact since our return from Hawai'i, and I come back today to complete the chronicles of the experience. 

Suffice it to say.... Pele, the goddess of the volcanoes, knows why this gap.

Mysterious? Well, definitely Yes.

Diksha and Me at Maunakea, one of the largest volcanoes in Hawai'i

Let me tell a story that had got me stuck.....no easy one....in fact a story I'm not too comfortable to admit to. But trying to walk the talk .....accepting my vulnerable and iffy facets :)

Legend and folklore says that no volcanic stones from Hawai'i ought to be taken beyond the island.  And what do we do? what I did atleast, is pooh pooh folklore. In fact even rationalized it saying, Hawai'i is all about compassion, why would the goddess be so stuck. And I got myself a few little stones as souvenirs, unique and pretty ones I picked up from Maunakea, when our van broke down and we spent a couple hours just walking around the mountain, and a couple from kamlesh aunty.

We're back in Hyd, and getting into the routine of life. But no, couldn't get to routine. Pretty much went headlong into a difficulties and issues galore. Huge ones, nothing like the normal handelable ones....almost like life and death ones. Not one , not two, but like a series.

I was cracking up under the pressure, but didn't make the connect. Not until this call one evening, when a friend seemingly whispered "get an envelope... put those stones in.... go to the courier office ....".

I was stunned into silence. 

And then the dots started to connect. All the stories I'd heard...Vijji aunty saying "hope you didn't bring back stones from Hawai'i", the unlikelihood and extremity of the issues happening. The final thought being 'if i believe in energy and mystery, why am I resisting, why am i insisting on rationality?'.

I saw reason, or rather I accepted I don't need to see reason. Just surrender to the mysterious laws of energy....even if through folklore, or maybe that's where they really sit.

Between August to now, trust me, life's done a U turn .....it's gone from crazy mad difficult to beautiful wonderful brilliant. 

The story of how the stones went back is fascinating in itself, will write :)

No comments:

Post a Comment