Thursday, April 12, 2018

A Kenyan Surprise !

This became a surprise in more ways than one.

One fine morning, I get a message from an anonymous number, saying 'Good Morning Smita, my name is Srinidhi, Ajit bhaiya has given me your reference, can we meet?'.


And thus started a series of messages on fixing up when to meet.....little realizing that there were presumptions happening.

I for one, had presumed she was coming for a counselling session, and she likely had presumed I already had context, both of us totally off. A week later on the scheduled date, when she says 'can we meet somewhere half way through?' I'm like 'Counselling is best done in private space, so I'd much rather you come'.

And I get back 'counselling?'.

Was time for a good laugh, and then I got to meet Srinidhi, and we hit it off well enough to sit around chatting for well over an hour. 

And the surprise? she came with a gift from Ajit, all the way from Kenya....this pretty pink fruit basket and a huge packet of super yummy chudwa.

Then she's like 'can we do a selfie?' ....for Ajit? And so it came about that I did a picture with not just Srinidhi, but also pink basket and chudwa packet, et al.


Ajit, this is to once again thank you for the thoughtfulness.... in gesture and the prettiness of basket. Really touched. And to you Srinidhi, for carrying it all the way from Kenya, plus all the cab trouble you had getting to my place. 

Plus to both of you for the invite to visit Kenya. Who knows, I might actually take you'll up on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment