Wednesday, February 1, 2017

You Are My Mojo.....

It was in the middle of an intense conversation with a friend.....  intense, in the sense of one of those tough situations.....enormous stress, rigid timeline, low energy, high tension, the makes....no easy space. After I while I heard her say "I'm going to hang up, I need to pull myself together........ I am going to go find my mojo".

I had no idea what 'go find my mojo' meant, but it didn't seem like right space to ask.

I was a little reluctant to let her go in that space, and went 'hmmm...okay.... but.... are you sure........just talk na, we can talk about other stuff..... or whatever'.....and we did.

After a little while I hear, "I think you are my mojo.... Do you know what that means?"

I was caught out...had to admit no. Had never heard the word.

I Googled, I googled even as I was on the phone...searched with 'find my mojo' (as I thought it was a phrase) and lo and behold, Google gave me ten different ways to find my mojo. 

And I was like 'Oh god.... I don't want to find.....I need the what.........what is mojo'.

And then I used the little trick I'd learnt in Google, you can search with 'def: mojo', and that will give you definition. 

And it showed ; | a magic charm, talisman, or spell |

How totally charming right....to be able to be that for a friend.....have a friend who can be that for you.....a mojo....sure brought a smile into a tough situation. And also a special moment ....a moment to cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment