Sunday, February 5, 2017

The loveliest of bouquets

The little things that bring on the smile.

Just now, I'm sitting engrossed with my book, and the door bell rings. I go open, only to find no one there....... but as I was closing the door I spot this cute little bunch of flowers sitting on the doormat.


I had no idea who, but it didn't take much to guess it was my little 'kiki aunty kids' ...... just that there were now so many groups, I was wondering who I could thank for the beautiful gesture.

Then I figured that tit-for-tat doesn't necessarily have to be negative; I wrote out a little thank you note and left it on the mat with a five star for paper weight. And sure enough, I soon have these three kids ring the doorbell, all saying a five star munching thanks. 

The thanks seemed to continue as I said a huggy thanks again, and it was then that they touched a core....to my question of, what made them do something so beautiful, they said 'because you are so kind aunty'. The pure and undiluted guilelessness of children....the smile now brought in a tear :)

2 comments:

  1. This is "thought kindness " on your part which taught an important lesson to the children.saying a heartfelt thank you and not a habit driven one.

    ReplyDelete