Friday, March 27, 2020

Pan 5 - Tense, Tenser, Tensest.......

Chuck the grammar.....if there were more degrees, I'd have added more.

That was how it felt. Three hours after I thought she was in the air,  she's saying they had engine trouble and were asked to deplane.

And then they were given dinner coupons and dinner.

And then they were rescheduling, as they were shifting them to another plane.

The clock towards the ban was ticking...we were down to counting.

And finally they took off at 10.50 pm. 

I will leave it to your imagination to figure what degree of stress those few hours were :)

At that point one of her friends here sent me a message saying "aunty, I have a cool link, it tells you the exact location of her flight, with height and wind speed too....I'll send it to you".

I was like "Rustom, please......thanks, but while I get how cool the link sounds, if I see that level of detail I think I'll have a nervous breakdown. You've been with me through this....you please track her flight, and let me know only if eta changes" :)

And finally at 2.15 am of 22nd she lands in Hyd.

Next came the possibility of the quarantine

While folks in family were very concerned about the quarantine, I wasn't.

To me all that mattered is that she was back. In comparison to the other scary possibilites of getting stranded in Singapore airport...... or under the circumstances even being stuck in Australia for god knows how long, fourteen days in quarantine seemed negligible.........I was just so so happy to have her back in Hyderabad.

In a crisis of this proportion, being together seemed to be all that mattered.

And that's when the tide turned. She breezed through the airport check, so much so she was out before I reached the airport........and I could drive right onto the arrivals ramp and pick her up.

She came out with this stamp on her hand....'home quarantined  - 4/4/2020'



And thus started the next phase of this story....... right from receiving her at the airport with a mask on,  and a distance of five feet.

I had prepared myself for it, physically and emotionally.....but trust me, it's not easy. I could stock up on sanitizers and groceries..............but what of the hugs and kisses which are an every day staple too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment