Monday, March 23, 2020

Pan 1 - Nayaa Nazariyaan

As real .......as metaphorical.

While I started writing this post, almost a couple of weeks ago.....it was more specific to my lens implants....the literal shift. So let me start with that.

That day last month, decision to go ahead with surgery taken, when I was leaving home for my eye surgery, and I was saying bye to Faizan at home, I was like  "क़ुदाफिज़ faizan, नया नज़रियाँ के सात वापस आऊँगी ". (bye faizan, I will be back with a new vision).

Who ever thought it would get so metaphorical. It did ......and by multiple levels. 

I got my eye lens implanted, both eyes....reason being I didn't want to wear glasses anymore.

While that in itself has been, rather is being, an adventure of sorts....right from taking the decision, the halos I see around lights now, a kind of blur in one eye, the innumerable drops that are still going into my eyes......what stands out is the sheer joy of not having to wear glasses. After a complete dependency on glasses for years....... this is sheer bliss.

It's so wonderful, that while theoretically high risk, it's somewhere up there with one of the best decisions I've taken in life. 

And then, even before I could be done with post op........even as I was starting to see a  metaphorical shift happen in terms of  personal level barriers and boundaries getting breached ( naaya nazariyaan for real)........what's been happening since has changed not just my vision.....but life itself.

As we all know 'life as we knew it has changed'.

And I have a rather personal story there as well, one that I feel I need to capture for posterity.

Even as I write, Diksha is on 'home quarantine'......she got back to India on the last flight in from Singapore before the flight ban set in........amidst some crazy level uncertainty and stress.....an experience that deserves capture, in terms of decision, experience, and hopefully daily life through a quarantine.

2 comments:

  1. Nayi Nazariyan
    Hopefully
    Nayi Dishayain....
    Welcome back... 💐

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo sweet !
    my restarting here would have been incomplete without a welcome back comment from you, so thanks pal, for keeping that faith intact :)

    ReplyDelete